Montag, 11. Juli 2011

Why?

Since I forward every new post to game magazines I received a question from them, why am I doing this ... I think the answer is also enlightening for the rest of my readers:

Dear Sir or Madam,

one of your colleges asked me in a personal message, why am I doing this? Is my intention to ruin CCP?


well if I want to ruin CCP, I could do this much faster than publishing this stuff for over 7 month. I would go to an prosecutor in Germany or Iceland and CCP would have more trouble than I can ever give them BECAUSE (and thats my intention with this) Customers have rights, but since CCP is playing bully from the beginning I had no choice but going public with this and involve official authorities.

Not matter how hard CCP is trying to deny that and no matter how much CCP is "owning" EVE ... A paying Customer has rights ... along the way several official authorities allready proof me right with this. For example this letter I am right now discussing where written under the preasure of the icelandic data protection agency (and still CCP is trying to outrun this by only partly give away informations and forgeing informations)

CCP is claiming that they are owner of every bit of data in their server but this isnt true and this statement at all is illegal, because according to icelandic law and according to international contracts nobody can get ownership on personal datas. Personal datas allways remain in the ownership of the person itself no matter how hard they are trying to outrun this with EULA and TOS paragraphs. In this point for example allready set the icelandic data protection agency clear that CCP is violating icelandic law.

Let me give you an example ... if there would be a paragraph in the EULA that states that CCP has the right to format and destroy your harddrive whenever they want ... well no matter how often you aproof this paragraph it would still be illegal. Well the EULA consists of many illegal paragraphs and since there is no salvatorious clause the EULA at all is void (as a side-remark).

My intention at all is to show other players ... specially players which had or have problems themself ... to show that for example the EULA and TOS is illegal and void. I want to show them that no matter how hard CCP is trying to threat them, that there are ways to get there case going. I also want to show that some employees of CCP never understood in the past and will never understand in the future that customers are persons with rights and not beggars. (This case where allready VERY obvious within the Incarna distaster and the way CCP Hilmar and CCP Zulu at first "addressed" the community)

Regards

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen